Bad breath or halitosis is a very embarrassing and annoying problem. If it is not adequately treated it can interfere with your work, social life not to mention your love life.
Whilst same foods may cause bad breath i.e. onions/garlic it is a common misconception that halitosis is caused primarily by the foods we eat. Many manufacturers promote home remedies and chewing gum to clear the smell, they only mask the problem, and sequentially causing more harm than good.
The only way to rid yourself of the smelly breath is to find its source.
Tips for healthy breath
- Have your teeth air polished-pain free, effective cleaning with our dentist or hygienist.
- Scaling your teeth may be necessary.
- Floss and brush your teeth and tongue twice daily. Use mouth rinse.
- Avoid strong smelling foods i.e. garlic and onions.
- Brush your teeth after consuming milk products, fish and meat.
- Reduce your tobacco and alcohol intake.
- Seek medical advice from your GP if the above fail, possible stomach problems?